Receiving the Gift of Salvation
The Bible is clear about how to receive the gift of salvation from God the Father. You must:
1. Admit that you are a sinner.
2. Believe that Jesus Christ came to Earth in the flesh to die on the cross for all of our sins, and that on the third day He rose from the dead.
3. Confess your sins before God and repent and turn away from those sins
This acceptance of Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior must be confessed out loud before God the Father. It does not have to be done in a church. It can be done by anyone at any time at any place. These scriptures will guide you as you receive the gift of salvation.
- “REPENT THEREFORE and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:19).
- “IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
- “. . . if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation” (Romans 10:9).
Notice the last verse says to confess with your mouth, and with the mouth confession is made to receive salvation. This means that you can just say a simple salvation prayer out loud from your heart, directly to God the Father. This prayer is often referred to as “The Sinner’s Prayer.”
Salvation Prayer or Sinner’s Prayer
Simply say the following prayer out loud and believe it from your heart and you will be saved.
I am a sinner. I believe that You, Jesus Christ, died for my sins and rose from the dead to give all of us eternal life. I am ready to accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. I confess to You all of the wrong and sinful things I have ever done in my life. I now ask that You come into my life and dwell within me for all of eternity. With my confession, I now believe that I am truly saved! Amen.
Now that you have received the gift of salvation, you must find you a Bible-based church that teaches the Word of God and does not compromise His Word. This will help you to grow daily in your Christian faith. If you need help finding a church, please contact us.
God Bless You!
The POP Movement